INSERTION: 2022 (Approved 2019 as 2020-R-06a)
DESCRIPTION: Courtesy Runner
RULE: 9-Q (others moved down).
RULE CHANGE: Courtesy Runners for Pinto 8U (Player Pitch only) through Thorobred 23U.
- At any time, the team at bat may use courtesy runners for the pitcher and/or catcher. In the event that the offensive team bats around, the pitcher and/or catcher who had a courtesy runner inserted on their behalf may bat in their normal position in the batting order.
- The same individual runner may not be used for both positions (pitcher and catcher) during the game.
- Neither the pitcher nor the catcher will be required to leave the game under such circumstances.
- Players who have participated in the game in any other capacity are ineligible to serve as courtesy runners.
- A player may not run as a courtesy runner for the pitcher or catcher and be used as a substitute for another player in the half inning. If an injury, illness or ejection occurs and no other runners are available, the courtesy runner may be used as a substitute.
- The umpire-in-chief shall record courtesy runner participation and also announce as a substitute.
- A player who violates the courtesy-runner rules is disqualified for the rest of the game.
- Should an injury, illness or ejection occur to the courtesy runner, another courtesy runner for the pitcher or catcher may run.
INSERTION: 2022 (Approved 2019 as 2020-R-07a)
DESCRIPTION: Infield defensive position.
RULE CHANGE: Add: All Foal, Shetland and Pinto (exception: Pinto-Player Pitch) players who
are in the defensive position of the infield except for the catcher and pitcher
may not come any closer than 45 feet from home plate until the ball is hit.
INSERTION: 2022 (Approved 2019 as 2020-R-09a)
DESCRIPTION: Level 5 or less safety ball for tournament play.
RULE CHANGE: Reference 8-C-1 that states "unless using a Level 5 or less safety ball".
INSERTION: 2022 (Approved 2019 as 2020-R-10)
DESCRIPTION: Increase Palomino age from 18U to 19U.
RULE: 3-B, 4 and T-2 as well as entire book.
RULE CHANGE: 3-B should now read:
COLT 16U team shall consist of not more than 18, nor less than 12 players.
PALOMINO 19U teams shall consist of not more than 25, nor less than 12players during the regular season, and shall not exceed more than 3 players of age19. Palomino teams shall consist of not more than 18, nor less than 12 players during tournament play and shall not exceed more than 3 players of age 19.
THOROBRED 23U teams may consist of not more than 25, nor less than 12 players during regular season play. Thorobred teams shall consist of not more than 18, nor less than 12 players during tournament play.
INSERTION: 2022 (Approved 2019 as 2020-R-13)
DESCRIPTION: Add clarification to two team tie breaker rules.
RULE: T-10 E.
RULE CHANGE: After rule T-10 E (1) add the following:
(a) If both teams have not played head-to-head, the team with the least number of runs allowed in all games played will advance.
(b) If both teams have allowed the same number of runs, the team with the most net runs (runs scored minus runs allowed) will advance.
(c) If teams remain tied after consideration of “a” and “b” the team that scored the most runs in their games will advance.
Delete T-10 E (2) d. and add the following as T-10 (3)
Any team or manager that violates or refuses the natural sequence of the above rules will be dismissed from tournament play and their games forfeited.
INSERTION: 2022 (Approved 2021 as 2021-R-10)
DESCRIPTION: Correction of a typo in Rule 9D
RULE CHANGE: The last sentence of 9D should read (after removing PENALTY): A 10-foot arc shall be inscribed in the front of home plate, from the first to the third base foul line, and any batted ball which does not touch or travel beyond that line will be considered a foul-strike for the purposes of this rule. Note: "not" was not added in the 2020 Rule book which created an entirely different rule and not the intent of the rule change.
INSERTION: 2022 (Approved 2021 as 2021-R-14)
DESCRIPTION: Change wording from "10-run rule" to "mercy rule"
RULE CHANGE: Wording should be corrected for the addition of the 15 run mercy rule.