Where do I find my Member Organization ID?
PONY Baseball and Softball's new rostering system has been rebuilt from the ground up for 2017 (and continues to evolve as the season runs). PONY's old system trapped you in it making you submit your rosters one at a time, with no ability to take external data and import it (relieving you of duplicating efforts).
This guide will walk you through the affidavit/rostering system as it currently stands.
You will need several pieces of information before starting your upload. Your Membership ID for your organization and your Team ID(s) for all teams you are rostering.
Your Membership ID is available on your INVOICE document when you registered from the PONY Website. The location is shown by the yellow highlight in the example.
They are also available when logged in.
Select Leagues from the Left Column Navigation.
Click “Select League” to pull up your information.
Your league’s Membership Number will be listed on your League Screen as its SID (System Identification Number).
This identifier is important to let the system know what league you are importing information for.
Where do I find my Team ID(s) for my organization?
Your Team ID’s are available on your INVOICE document when you registered from the PONY Website. The location is shown by the yellow highlight in the example.
They are also available when logged in. Select Team from the Left Column Navigation.
Click “Find/Edit” to pull up your team information.
You may need to click “Search” to refresh the view. Your Team ID(s) will be displayed in the list.
How do I prepare to upload my Players for all my teams at once?
On the main registration/login page for the database select “Player Upload Template (Excel)” to download the template to later upload all of your organization's Players into the database.
Open the downloaded Excel file. (If you are a Google G-Suite user, please make sure after you manipulate the template and enter your information to export it as an excel file for processing).
With this file, you will be adding ALL of your organization's Players to your teams you have registered with PONY, whether it is one team or 500 teams. Please note that you are creating informational accounts for all players you may be entering. These accounts will follow the players through their years of participating in PONY so please make sure you are filling the information out correctly.
The following page will explain the columns and their meanings so you can properly fill them in.
SeasonID : The value for this season is filled in automatically in the first line. Please continue it for all Team Admins you are registering for your affidavits/rosters.
Membership# : Your Membership ID is the numerical identifier you pulled earlier in this tutorial.
- Season Name : The value for this season is filled in automatically in the first line. Please continue it for all Team Admins you are registering for your affidavits/rosters.
- Uniform Number : Self explanatory.
- PlayerLastName (Required) : Self explanatory.
- PlayerFirstName (Required) : Self explanatory.
- MiddleInitialName : Self explanatory.
- PlayerSuffix : Self explanatory.
- Alias : Not required but can be filled in.
- Gender (Required) : Self explanatory.
- DOB (Required) : Self explanatory.
- Play Level Code (Baseball = BB, Fast Pitch Softball = FPS, Slow Pitch Softball = SPS, Travel/Select Softball = TSS : Self explanatory. Set the value for all players you are registering for your affidavits/rosters.
- Address1 (Required) : Self explanatory.
- City (Required) : Self explanatory.
- State (Required) : Self explanatory.
- Zipcode (Required) : Self explanatory.
- HomePhone (Required) : Self explanatory.
- CellPhone (Required) : Self explanatory.
- Parental EmailAddress (Required) : Self explanatory.
- TeamID (Required) : Your Team ID(s) are the numerical identifier(s) you pulled earlier in this tutorial. Place the appropriate Team ID here for the team you are assigning the player to.
Once you complete filling in your upload template, save the file on your computer where you can easily find it later.
I’ve got all my information in a different system or excel file what can I do?
If you already have your data in a different system, you need to export that data out to an excel file.
Because of the flexibility of Excel it is the reason that it was chosen for the upload file type.
With the power of Excel you should be able to cut, paste and manipulate your exported data to bring it into compliance with the column headers and data needs of the Affinity System.
If you have questions about manipulating your data into the correct format you can contact Affinity Sports for information.
I’ve completed my upload templates how can I easily upload them into the system?
To complete your upload(s), return to the main registration/login page for the database and select “Attach completed Excel Document HERE”. You will be directed to Affinity Sports Technical Support Portal where you will complete your upload.
Fields are self explanatory. Fill in your email address, subject (Data Upload), description (Data Upload of Coaches/Player), First and Last Name, User Role with your organization, ID number with Affinity (not needed if not known), Affinity Username (not needed if not known), priority (high), Request Type (Data Upload/Import), League Name, Season, and most importantly attachment of your excel files for upload.
Affinity is currently processing all upload files every Thursday.
If you need assistance you can contact Affinity Sports directly at : 855-703-2576 or start a support ticket by visiting here :
You can also contact PONY Baseball and Softball at : 724-225-1060 or start a support ticket by visiting here :