Click Here to register as an umpire.
NOTE : YOU MUST BE 18 OR OVER TO REGISTER BECAUSE OF THE BACKGROUND CHECK.
NOTE : BECAUSE OF THE BACKGROUND CHECK, UMPIRES CANNOT BE ENTERED IN BATCH.
- You will be greeted by our updated Umpire Registration Portal.
- If you are a New Umpire to PONY or returning from before 2017 you will need to create a PONY Umpire account. Click "Create New Account".
- If you are a returning umpire that already has an account you can enter your account username and password.
- NOTE: If you have forgotten your username or password you can use the "Forgot Username or Password" link to retrieve them.
- If you are creating a new account, you'll be asked some information about yourself to create the new account. Any field marked with a * is mandatory. Fields marked with a ** contain similar information and at least one of them is mandatory (phone contact fields - you must provide at least one).
- Once you have created your new account (or if you have logged in with an existing account) you'll be presented with a summary of the Account Holder information. Click Continue to proceed with the registration or if you need to edit the account holder information you click click "Edit" in the lower right corner.
- Next you will be asked who is registering for the 2020 season. You will see your first and last name listed along with your permanent PONY Umpire ID number and your Date of Birth. Click the "Register" button to continue.
- Next you will be shown a review of your full account information. If you are a returning umpire that used their username/password to log in your information will be pre-filled in. If you are a new umpire you will need to fill in the information. This is a long screen and you will need to scroll down to fill everything out. Once done click "Save & Next Page".
NOTE: If you are a returning umpire you will need to fill in the "How many miles are you willing to drive to Umpire". This will allow our umpire schedulers to better schedule umpires for games.
NOTE: Filling in the correct "Zone" is paramount for allowing our umpire schedulers to see your name in their listings. Many umpires had this filled out incorrectly last year and our staff corrected the listing. If you are a returning umpire and it is pre-filled in leave it alone as it will be the correct zone. If you are a new umpire please review this document to help determine your zone by the state you live in.
- You must now read and agree to the PONY Umpire ELA. Once you have reviewed it you can click "Agree and Continue".
- On the payment page, you can opt in to give a donation to the PONY Scholarship Program. More information about the program is available here. Please note that the donation amount defaults to $0.00 so if you do not want to donate you can skip this part and continue down the page.
- If you would like to purchase Umpire Hats or Extra Umpire Emblems for your sleeve (one is included in registration) click the checkbox next to what you want to order. You can then continue down the page.
- Continue to the Payment Method section and choose your payment. Umpire Registrations can tender payment of MasterCard, Visa or Electronic Check (you'll need your check in front of you to process the E-Check).
NOTE: Mail in check is no longer offered as a payment for Umpire Registrations.
- DO NOT EXIT REGISTRATION. THE FINAL STEP AFTER PAYMENT IS TO PROCESS YOUR BACKGROUND CHECK INFORMATION. REPEAT DO NOT EXIT UNTIL YOU HAVE CLICKED SUBMIT BACKGROUND CHECK!!!
- The final step is entering your Social Security Number. The screen you are entering it on is protected by SSL encryption and is provided by the background check company (J.D. Palentine) directly. PONY Baseball and Softball and Sports Connect do not receive or are able to view the social security number entered. Once you have entered your Social Security Number, check Submit BGC.
- You may receive a browser prompt to double check your entry. Click "OK" to continue.
- You will see on the Social Security Entry Screen that your Background Check is complete and your Risk Status is being updated. You have completed your PONY Umpire registration and can close your browser. You will receive an email about your registration as well as a link to print your Official PONY Umpire Wallet Card when your payment is processed and your background check is complete.